Our FREE Summer Camp 2017 Open House is on Saturday May 6th. Tour camp, ride the zip line, enjoy a meal, and meet the staff. See the event schedule, tell us you're coming, or just show up. Either way, we can't wait to see you!
Camp Scholarship Programs
Here at Pleasant Hill Outdoor Camp in Ohio, we believe every child should go to camp regardless of a family's current financial situation. So we are committed to keeping summer camp affordable. This is accomplished in two ways:
1. Reduced pricing for every family:
- The full financial investment necessary for one week of camp is $600 per person.
- P.H.O.C. waives $205 of that cost for every camper. Each year, these waived fees total over $50,000 and are provided by faithful and generous donors and volunteers.
- The remaining cost to every camper for one week of camp is $395 per person.
2. Need-based scholarships make valuable camping experiences accessible:
- Because we believe every kid should go to camp, "Get to Camp" scholarships provide more significant assistance for families facing social and economic hardship.
- Scholarships are awarded to eligible families based on the severity of need as long as funds are available .
- To apply for a "Get to Camp" scholarship for one or more of your children, CLICK HERE to print, complete, and mail the application form.
3. 2017 Grant for Ashland County, Ohio Residents: Read below for qualification details
- The Ashland County Community Foundation has provided $2500 to be used to reduce the cost of camp for residents of Ashland County.
- Must be a resident of Ashland County
- Must not receive scholarship assistance from any other party (Social Services, Church, or Community Center)
- Must qualify for a Pleasant Hill Outdoor Camp need-based scholarship CLICK HERE to print, complete, and mail the application form.
- Scholarships may not be applied to Registration Fees, Store Accounts, or add-on experiences (Trail Rides, Horse Lovers', etc.).
- Scholarship awards are kept confidential and in no way influence a child's camping experience.