OUR MISSION AND VISION
Thank you for your interest!
Pleasant Hill has been in operation since 1953. We are a summer camp and year round retreat facility for children, youth and families. Operated by a volunteer Board of Trustees, we are staffed by an Executive Director, Program Director, Office Manager and many seasonal summer staff and volunteers.
We are a Christian Camp by design. At Pleasant Hill we are dedicated to providing a safe and exciting recreational camp program that integrates biblical truth into daily camp life and provides a week full of fun and growth that leaves a lasting positive mark on each camper that attends.
What we Believe about the Camp & Retreat Experience
- Most realizations about life, relationships, and God happen in the context of shared experiences. It is central to our mission to be a part of a lifelong continuum of these memorable moments that resonate with our guests, motivate life change, and result in Kingdom impact. These moments give camping an invaluable role in spiritual formation of the Christian faith.
- The outdoor setting has always had a unique way of disarming our hesitations, dissolving our reluctant spirits, and giving us a context for simplicity. This remoteness displaces us far enough from our routine where we hear God better, see Him clearer, and breathe deeper. We provide a place where our guests can take advantage of the remoteness and silence the distractions of life, so they can find true rest in Him.
- To provide excellence in Christian Camping.
- To increase the campers' awareness of God's revelation in nature and in the fellowship of those who share camp life, worship, study and recreation.
- To demonstrate and encourage commitment to the responsibility God gives us to respect and conserve the natural resources which are among the gifts of creation.
- To provide Christian leadership in camping programs through people who show by their lives and relationship a witness to their commitment to Jesus Christ.
- To enable Church groups and others to use the camp facilities and settings needed to conduct their own programs.